Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for 10 years.
VirusZero Offline
Administrator

About Me
Thanks for 10 years.
Looking back, the writing was on the wall. We've never been the busiest and most active community. We all lead busy lives and have had a ton of other commitments and aspects that take priority. But over the last while it's become apparent that things are unlikely to change. I can't revitalize the community by myself. There's only so much one person can do. It's time to call it quits.

To that end, I'm shutting down the forum. I know in the past (on April 1st) that I've made that as a joke, but this time it's not.

Starting on February 15th registrations will be disabled. No new accounts will be able to be created after that. I'm going to keep the site online until March (when the next server payment would be due) but after that the site will be gone. I'm not sure what, if anything, I'll do with the domain name. I might keep it and use it for other things. I mean it doesn't cost me that much to keep it. Or I might sell it (I might be able to get a few dollars for it.)

I have no idea where I'll go from here. I'm probably not going to start another forum or become staff on another. If anything, maybe it's time to walk away from the whole forum world for a bit. I mean I've been doing this for over a decade now. I think it's time to take a break and do something else.

I'm not going to get rid of the discord server as it's still used some and it doesn't cost me anything. So we can always still chat there. But as for the forum? It's time is up. So thank you everyone for the last decade. Thanks for sticking around, posting and sharing good times.

- VirusZero
01-15-2020 06:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jet Offline
Badass Sky Captain

About Me
RE: Thanks for 10 years.
Shutting down seems like the right decision. I'll try to keep in touch over discord, maybe make time for some gaming. Thanks for the memories guys.

For Odin's beer! The finest brew in all of Asgard.
[Image: odinsbeerhalllogo.png][/color]
As a man's real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do...
01-25-2020 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Black Angel Offline
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger..

About Me
RE: Thanks for 10 years.
VZ, I have known you for a very long time, and to say that it sad to see this place go, is an understatement. I am sorry I haven't been as active as I'd like, both personal and professional life has been pretty busy lately, but I did check back every now and then.

Anyway, thank you for all the memories and for all that you have done, and especially your friendship. 10 years is a very long time and I am sure it hasn't been a cake walk for you.

Where you go from here, or wherever life takes you, I wish you the best of luck, and I hope to hear from you again. You know that you are always more than welcome to come for a visit. Smile

That said, if you ever want to talk, you know how to reach me. The link to your discord is broken, but here is mine, my name is Black Angel#6568..

https://discordapp.com/invite/KxQa5CE

See you around. Smile
04-22-2020 08:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Scanner
Spam Poison